Friday 5 October 2012

Today's song:1


Read

Love Song To A Stranger Lyrics

here.
Lyrics:
How long since I've spent a whole night in a twin bed with a stranger 
His warm arms all around me? 
How long since I've gazed into dark eyes that melted my soul down

To a place where it longs to be? 
All of your history has little to do with your face 
You're mainly a mystery with violins filling in space 

 You stood in the nude by the mirror and picked out a rose
 From the bouquet in our hotel 
And lay down beside me again and I watched the rose
On the pillow as it fell
I sank and I slept in a twilight with only one care
To know that when day broke and I woke that you'd still be there

The hours for once they passed slowly, unendingly by
Like a sweet breeze on a field 
Your gentleness came down upon me and I guess I thanked you 
When you caused me to yield We spoke not a sentence and took not a footstep beyond 
Our two days together which seemingly soon would be gone  

Don't tell me of love everlasting and other sad dreams
I don't want to hear Just tell me of passionate strangers who rescue each other
From a lifetime of cares Because if love means forever, expecting nothing returned 
Then I hope I'll be given another whole lifetime to learn 

Because you gave to me oh so many things it makes me wonder 
How they could belong to me 
And I gave you only my dark eyes which melted your soul down 
To a place where it longs to be

No comments:

Post a Comment